Farming SPCA Blue Tick®
Consumer demand for higher standards of farm animal welfare continues to grow as consumer behaviour changes. People want to know where their food comes from and how it was produced. Joining SPCA Blue Tick® accreditation will ensure you achieve high welfare standards and could help you take advantage of this trend by differentiating your business from your competitors and adding value to your products. Don’t miss the chance to reach the valuable 'mindful consumer' market.
Benefits of being an SPCA Blue Tick® member
- Leverage your products through the SPCA Blue Tick® brand and SPCA supporters
- Be associated with the 4th most trusted charities according to the 2017 Reader's Digest Survey
- Get 'return on investment' (ROI) in better farming practices, thanks to increased sales
- Comes with the assurance of 'New Zealand made'
- Benefit from consumer confidence in being independently audited
- Answer the growing expectations from the consumer to farm the 'right way'
- 64% of Element readers (publication of the New Zealand Herald) believe it's important to purchase products from socially and environmentally responsible suppliers
The SPCA Blue Tick® accreditation will provide the evidence that your products meet high animal welfare standards required by your most demanding market.
The SPCA Blue Tick® certification logo on your products gives consumers the assurance that the product they are buying has been farmed to high animal welfare standards.
If you wish to display the SPCA Blue Tick® logo on your products you should request a copy of the SPCA Blue Tick® license agreement. Please have a look at our SPCA Blue Tick® brand guidelines.
Our focus is on animal welfare, and we are more than happy to work with you to help you to meet our high animal welfare standards.
If you are interested in obtaining SPCA Blue Tick® accreditation for your products, we would love to hear from you.
Find out more about the joining process.
SPCA welfare standards and policy
The SPCA National Animal Welfare Policy outlines our view on animal welfare, such as the treatment of agricultural animals. The basis of this philosophy is the view that all animals deserve our compassionate consideration.
All producers who wish to be a part of our SPCA Blue Tick® accreditation must adhere to our stringent high animal welfare standards. SPCA Blue Tick® approval can only be granted after an independent audit has been successfully conducted by a third party auditor contracted to the SPCA and extensively trained to our standards. Following this, the SPCA Blue Tick® will issue a 'Certificate of Approval' for the farm or the site that has successfully passed the audit.
To download a copy of our policy or welfare standards, please visit our SPCA Blue Tick® downloads page.
If you have a question about the SPCA Blue Tick® accreditation, please don't hesitate to contact us for more information using our contact form or via email.